Ithaca Oral Surgery & Implant CenterOur practice in Ithaca, NY, provides comprehensive and compassionate oral surgery care, including dental implant treatments and wisdom teeth removal.
We have strict Covid safety protocols!
We follow CDC, State and local health regulations and protocol for Covid-19 and general infectious diseases.
- Our appointment slots will become limited to reduce the number of patients in our office on a daily basis. We suggest calling now to schedule your appointment.
- Patients are required to wear a face mask or face covering when arriving at our office. We have a limited supply of extra masks.
- Patients will be screened outside of our office including a temperature check.
- Only patients will be allowed to enter the office unless there are extenuating circumstances. Guests will be requested to wait in their vehicles.
- Our waiting rooms will obey social distancing which means seating space is limited and will be separate.
Welcome to Ithaca Oral Surgery and Implant Center!
- Please arrive to your appointment 15 minutes prior if you have your registration form completed. You can find our registration paperwork online at www.ithacaimplants.com in the online form tab. If you are not able to print the forms please arrive 30 minutes prior to fill them out in the office.
- In order to maintain our schedule, we require a minimum of 24 hour notice to cancel a consult or post opperative appointment. We require a 48 hour notice to cancel a opperative appointment. This policy is to allow us to fill an open appointment with a patient who may be in pain.
- As a courtesy, we will attempt to confirm scheduled appointments in advance. We ask that you return the call to the office and speak with the front desk or leave a message to confirm the appointment. In certain circumstances if your appointment is not confirmed we may remove you from the schedule in order to assist an emergency patient.
- Be aware of your insurance and possible fees associated with your treatment. If you have an insurance that is not contracted you will be required to pay for services before the doctor sees you, we will submit a claim on your behalf and the insurance may reimburse you directly.
For your first visit, please make sure your bring the following:
- Treatment referral stating which teeth are to be evaluated for extraction
- Insurance referral i.e. Healthplex
- Also bring current med list
Insured subscriber information required for first visit
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- Date of birth
- Social security number (for insurance identification purposes)
After the consult- (surgery appointment)
- Please be sure to follow all instructions given to you at your consult. In the event that you misplace them please contact our office and a copy can be mailed/emailed to you.
- The office requires your driver to remain at the office during your surgery.
Extractions Including Wisdom Teeth
Some General Dentists extract (remove) teeth, but Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons are trained for 4 or more years after dental school to do this and much more complex surgical procedures.
Dental implant surgery is generally less physical than tooth extraction;
In some cases, there are no stitches and very little post-operative discomfort.
Bone grafting in the mouth is done for a variety of reasons, but overall, to restore the bone back to normal dimensions. It can be as simple as adding powdered bone to an extraction socket (a removed tooth space), or adding bone to a part of the jaw to help hold dental implants or support a denture where there has been bone loss.
Exposure and Orthodontic Bracketing of an Impacted Tooth
An impacted tooth means that it is “stuck” and can not erupt into function in the mouth. Some teenagers and even adults have impacted teeth other than their wisdom teeth. The maxillary canine (upper eye tooth) is the second most common tooth to become impacted.
Occasionally, a dentist may see something that doesn’t appear to be normal and asks for the opinion of an oral surgeon. Many times, there is some idea what it may be and is not thought to be cancerous.
Save some time when you come in. Register for your appointment online.
Send us a referral and see how much dentists love working with us.
About Our Practice
Ithaca Oral Surgery and Implant Center welcomes every patient to our practice. Scott Noren, DDS, is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Ithaca, NY. Services include but are not limited to wisdom teeth removal, dental implant placement, oral pathology, bone grafting, and more. We offer several options for anesthesia for patient comfort and safety. You shouldn’t pay excessive fees to get implants placed, so quality care should also be affordable.
We invite you to explore our website to learn about all the services we offer and how we provide our patients with the best possible treatment and the highest standard of care. A simple phone call is all it takes to get started on the road to improved oral health. We look forward to caring for you and your loved ones here at Ithaca Oral Surgery & Implant Center.
We are experts in:
- Dental Implants for single or multiple teeth
- Dental Implants to stabilize dentures for better fit
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Bone Grafting